3iii RULES & REGULATIONS
Eligibility criteria for candidates
- Participants must be in two categories- 0-16 years (Junior) and 16 years+ (Senior). There is no upper age limit. Juniors and Seniors are selected separately in each category at each level i.e., State Icon, Country Icon as well as International Indian Icon
- The participant can be settled anywhere in the world, of any nationality, but has to perform as per Indian culture
- There should be no criminal background
- Participant must register only from the destination where he or she lives. In the absence of an option in the same city/State, he or she can choose the nearest city/State of corresponding Zonal Icon.
- There are no restrictions in terms of participation:
- Anyone of any talent from any part of the world can participate in their corresponding Country Indian Icon category. In other words, someone with a different nationality who has awareness of Indian culture can also participate.
- Any Indian of any talent can participate their corresponding talent category
- Any Non-Indian needs to either sing in one of Indian languages or dance in one of Indian dancing form, play any Indian instruments, wear Indian attire for Fashion Icon, show any Indian art and culture or talent
Regulations by Gee
- Gee Vision Inc. (here onwards referred to as Gee) holds the power and right to change any or all rules, requirements or conditions related to 3iii competition at any time period as per its convenience
- No participant holds any right to sue Gee in any country or jurisdiction for any reason
- Gee has the right reserved to delete any or every video/pictures uploaded on the 3iii website, in any TV clip, promotion, advertisement, social media campaign or in any other promotional trick in any country worldwide
- To take part in the 3iii Competition, the participant needs to pay a onetime annual 3iii Audition / Competition Fees to become a 3ion/Participant
- To take part in 3iii competition, you need to schedule audition by paying audition/competition fees as per 3iii calendar
- Submission dates for 3iii 2021 calendar dates should be followed strictly
- All type of charges like Audience Ticket, Workshop Fees, Event Fees, Registration or Competition Fees, Video Package etc. paid to Gee for any 3iii event through any Payment Gateway like Authorize, Net, PayPal, Check, Cash, Square or any form of payment are non-refundable.
- The winners of International Indian Icon (3iii) are bound to enter into a contract regarding promotion, shows, video, advertisement, photography etc.
- All participants attending on-site events of 3iii are required to sign the paper agreement before their on-site performances
- After the participants accept 3iii T&Cs at the time of registration, they are legally bound to all the T&Cs for online registration as per the 3iii website https://www.internationalindianicon.com/
- The winners of International Indian Icon are bound to enter into a contract regarding promotion, shows, video, advertisement, photography etc.
- All contracts to be signed by the winners of 3iii regarding any promotion or performances go through Gee before signing
- All decisions by Gee are ultimate and cannot be challenged in any court of law in any country
- All the copyright responsibilities are to be borne by the participants
- All logistical expenses such as travel, food, and hotel expenses for an onsite event will be borne by the performers themselves. In certain cases, Gee may be able to provide discounted hotel and food rates. This will be informed at the time of registration.
- The above rule will be applicable for the Grand finale as well
Communication with regards to results
- All the results of 3iii will be published on the 3iii website
- All the announcement related to the selection or rejection of any participant will be done via their registered e-mail address so it is important for the candidates to make sure that they keep their profiles up-to-date
Conduct of the competition
- Regardless of the number of registrations, online events will continue at every level of the competition as per the rules and regulations
- If any ICON state receives less than 50 registrations , the participants will be transferred to the corresponding Zonal ICON
- If any ICON state category receives less than 20 registration for any category, the participants will be transferred to the corresponding Zonal Icon
- According to the number of registration of participants in an ICON state, ICON country or ICON continent, the 3iii event will be hosted online / on-line LIVE or on-site
- State Indian Icon will be hosted on-site in the state if number of participants from that state is more than 200 otherwise on-line or online LIVE
- Country Icon will be hosted on-site in the country if number of participants from that country is more than 500 otherwise on-line or online LIVE
- International Indian Icon will be hosted on-site if global number of participants from all over the world are more than 2000 otherwise on-line / online LIVE
- Venue & Dates of all 3iii on-site events will be declared latest by end of August
- Any state getting more than 100 registrations will be declared as an ICON state
- A country receiving more than 200 registrations will be considered as an ICON Country
- The 3iii episodes production, finale and Grand-Finale production is conducted in USA. Venue will be declared by June/July.
3iii AUDITION TYPES
3iii conducts three different type of audition. One can schedule any number of audition of any type but need to pay audition fees for each audition. Online Audition is the basic audition and has basic audition fees which every participant interested in participating in 3iii competition has to pay. Participant interested on Online LIVE (Zoom audition) with one of the listed judges will need to pay judge's audition fees in addition to basic 3iii competition fees. Similarly participants option for On-site Audition, will need to pay on-site audition fees in addition to 3iii basic online audition fees. Price of audition will be shown as the time of scheduling audition.
NOTE & Disclaimer for on-site:
1. On-site events are subject to COVID situation as per the country policy.
2. Minimum 100 on-site auditions are required for on-site auditions otherwise paid on-site auditions will be convereted to online LIVE audition on Zoom.
Videos for 3iii Competition:
- All online auditions must upload their competition/audition video in their 3iii dashboard or on 3iii App and each audition must be paid
- Video quality is a major factor in the overall selection or judgment of a participant. If judges cannot watch the performance properly, they will not be able to impart correct judgments
- Good quality videos may be included in 3iii episodes & Web-series.
- Some important things to remember before scheduling online audition with competitive/audition video
- It should be recorded with a good camera that should be in a resolution of 720p (1080p will be preferred) or higher and must be in HD quality
- All videos should be shot in horizontal mode
- The video should not have any sort of manipulations, which means that there should be no VFX work or editing. If evidences of tampering are found, the participant will be rejected immediately without any explanation
- The video must be 2-3 minutes long and should not exceed 3 minutes, although few seconds more or less are acceptable.
- The video should be recorded in one shot and in ample lighting
- The video file can be of one of two formats-MP4 and ProRes (.mov) codecs
- Participant can directly upload video on their 3iii Dashboard from their mobile, desktop or laptop OR can upload a YouTube link in his or her 3iii Dashboard.
- If possible try add the 3iii logo after shooting the video by editing at top left corner.
- About the Introduction video
- An Introduction video is required from every participant
- Competition video can have a section of Introduction which can be of approximately 30 seconds at the start of the competition video. One can also upload a separate intro video of approx 2 to 3 minutes on the participant's 3iii Dashboard
- Guidelines for the Introduction video are as follows:
- Introduce yourself (Name, Age, City, State, Country, Education)
- A Little bit about yourself, your family and what you do
- Why do you want to participate in 3iii and which category and why
- What makes you a unique participant in your category
- What would you like to do if you become an International Indian Icon
- You can shoot your intro video outside or inside your house or anywhere to make it attractive so that we can use it during making episodes/web-series. Interesting intro videos will be included in 3iii episodes and web-series.
- Add some interesting information and facts about your City, State, Country to attract the audience and to make the episode interesting
- The participant can schedule any number of any type of auditions (online, online LIVE, on-site) but need to pay for each audition.
- For online audition, Competition Video is the only criteria on which candidates will be judged on-line; all the other videos will be considered as Non-Competition.
Video Evaluation and feedback is an online evaluation paid feature of 3iii. One can submit his/her non-competition video from any listed judge or Jury member, Once needs to pay judge/jury evaluation fees.
- Video feedback will be given within 7 days of submission
- This feedback is available only for non-competition videos only
- Such a feedback system is being made available for the VERY FIRST TIME
- Participants will get their scores and special comments from the judge/jury along with video feedback
- They will get the following types of tips
- Tips for improvement
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses
- Guidance for the competition video
3iii Challenger & Wild Card Entry
- Candidates with unique performances and talent can be presented in the show at any time as “Wild Card” entries in the competition, also called as ‘Challengers’
- Gee can open the Wild Card entry registration at any level with a specified registration fee for candidates with special talent
- Anyone can register as a ‘Challenger’ or 'Wild Car' by submitting required registration fee, but only those with unique talent are moved forward
- Popular participants are moved to the next level as per their popularity, keeping the talent in mind (Voting)
- Winners, 1st & 2nd Runner-ups at Level-3, Level-4 and Level-5 are judged and selected as per judgment of Gee Panel of judges and 3iii International Jury and not on the basis of votes or popularity
- As per the judges’ choice, any candidate can be promoted from one level to another